Pemandangan hiburan malam LGBTQ+ di Kansas City terbuka kepada semua dan cara terbaik untuk menikmati beberapa bar paling popular di bandar ini.
Beberapa kegemaran termasuk:
Missie B's: Whether interested in drag shows, dancing, drinks or all of the above, Missie B's has it all, making it an easy pick for one of the most popular gay bars in town.
KC Woody: Dengan kalendar penuh acara dan patio popular yang menampilkan set tangga kebanggaan yang mesra foto, destinasi Midtown ini menarik ramai pengunjung dan penduduk tempatan yang tetap.
Bistro 303: Sebuah restoran dan bar yang santai, Bistro 303 ialah bar gay pertama di Kansas City yang mempunyai tingkap yang menghadap jalan. Dapatkan koktel dan berehat di ruang yang selesa.
Hamburger Mary's: Burger dan bingo digabungkan untuk kombo yang sempurna di pertubuhan Midtown ini dengan acara setiap malam dalam seminggu.
Sidekicks Saloon: Another popular dive bar, patrons love Sidekicks for its excellent patio, drag shows and plenty more fun.
It’s true! The Greater Kansas City area is among the most popular urban gay and lesbian travel and vacation destinations. And the InterContinental Kansas City at the Plaza is an amazing place from which to navigate…on the corner of what is called ‘fifteen blocks of endless possibilities’ – the Country Club Plaza – one of the region’s most beloved and renowned shopping, dining, entertainment and residential districts/neighborhoods. And of course, our hotel is LGBT-friendly.
Besides perhaps unexpectedly fabulous and diverse cuisine, Kansas City boasts a plethora of sensational cultural and performing arts are all within easy driving distance.
When it’s time to unwind, the comfy, cozy guest rooms at InterContinental Kansas City anticipate your every need…with pillowtop mattresses, down duvet ,floor-to-ceiling windows, fully-stocked honor bar, marble bathroom , terry bathrobes and more.
The largest city in Missouri, Kansas City is something of a magnet for lesbians and gays who grew up not just in the immediate region but throughout the neighboring Plains states. It's certainly no Boystown, Chicago, but KC's Midtown-Westport district, just south of the city center, is home to a particularly thriving LGBTQ+ community. Queer-friendly hangouts range from casual sports bars and cocktail lounges to sex clubs (yes, there's one pseudo bathhouse here). Whatever your taste is, you're sure to be satiated by the city's small-yet-exuberant gay scene. Come during June to join in on KC's many Pride festivities.
Tips for Going Out in Kansas City
- Most Kansas City bars close at 1:30 a.m. (sometimes even earlier on weeknights), while others who have special licenses—such as Sidekicks, Woody's, and Missie B's—typically stay open until 3 a.m.
- The Midtown-Westport region is about 2.5 miles south of Downtown, which is a five-minute Uber ride from many of the popular hotels.
- If you're looking to mingle with gays in the Kansas City area but aren't in the market for a wild night out, you could always book a room (or a locker) at Hyde's, a private, men-only gym and guesthouse in Midtown.
- Kansas City is no Los Angeles when it comes to drink prices, so a Saturday night probably won't break the bank. In any case, Missie B's is among the cheapest places to drink in the city.
- You should order a Caribou Lou at least once while you're in town. The drink, made of 151 proof rum, coconut rum, and pineapple juice, originated in Kansas City back in 1995.
- Sidekicks Saloon: The bright-red brick-and-wood building in Midtown that has long housed Sidekicks has seen quite a few line dancers and two-steppers in its day. Its friendly crowd and sweeping dance floor make it fun whether you're a fan of country-western or not. Drag shows, Latin nights, and good drink specials are all part of it, too.
- Bistro 303: An airy and contemporary cocktail bar in the heart of Westport's festive dining and retail district, Bistro 303 is one of KC's gay hot spots for happy hour, martinis, and casual-but-sophisticated dining. The menu is big on shareable plates: hummus, calamari, pizzas, and beef-and-artichoke roulades.
- Woody's Classic Sports Pub: Crowds of people are constantly crowded around the pool tables, beer-in-hand, at Woody's, which is a great venue to watch local sports teams.
- Bar Sidestreet: As its name suggests, this cozy neighborhood bar is on a quiet side street in Union Hill, making it a favorite hangout with the many gay men who live there. It's laidback and caters to the bearish/leather set, but by no means exclusively so. Not a typical tourist destination, but a good stop if you're doing a gay KC pub crawl.